We will be at State of the Map US this weekend at the United Nations. It promises to be a great weekend, packed with interesting people, talks and other events. If you want to catch up come show off your Lego skills at our table, or join us at any of our sessions:
- OpenAerialMap — Birds of a Feather Saturday, 4pm (tentative) OpenAerialMap is a platform to access openly-licensed satellite and drone imagery. Discuss the architecture and development roadmap for OpenAerialMap and the Open Imagery Network. Find Nate for more info.
- OSM as a platform — Birds of a Feather Sunday, 1pm (tentative) What if we could use the software that powers OSM in other collaborative mapping projects? Its harder than you might think. We’ll trade tips on running an OSM infrastructure and identify a roadmap to make it easier. Hit me up on Twitter if you want to know more.
- OSM as a platform Sunday, 3pm — room CR2 I will talk about OpenRoads, a platform for The Philippine government to manage their road network built entirely on OSM software.
- How to organize a mapathon Sunday, 3:30pm — room CR3 Catch Robin’s lightning talk on organizing a mapathon.
- OSM Metadata — Birds of a Feather To be defined Interested in using OSM’s changeset meta data to learn about the OSM community? Get in touch with Marc and keep an eye on the BOF whiteboard.