As we continue to grow, we’re looking for a designer to help us build tools and processes that change the way we interact with data. You will spend each day creating visuals and interfaces for our diverse projects, translating strategies into concrete products.
We are a tight team that gets things done. The designer we’re looking for sees the core of the message and practices with discipline. A strong aesthetics is great, but it has to derive from the nature of your work, rather than any external trend. What you do will push the envelope of data visualization and people’s interaction with data, with institutions and with each other. As the team grows, you’ll be a key part of the evolving vision for Development Seed.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Your life would be incomplete without the medium you use. You use tools from pencil to Inkscape, from Photoshop to photography.
- You code — or will learn how to — since code is your tool to materialize your designs. We do a lot of client-side js with helpings of bash, ruby, python, and whatever else we need.
- You’ll learn from us, as much as we expect to learn from you and be led by your work.
Please send the following to [email protected]:
- Note describing why you’re interested in design at Development Seed.
- Examples of your work. Portfolio, website, or whatever medium communicates your work best.
- For extra points, design an awesome map with TileMill or show off something with MapBox.js