We are looking for a Sales and Business Strategy Lead to help Development Seed change the way that people understand their planet. Development Seed in one of the most exciting geospatial companies, pioneering new approaches to monitor the health of the planet and her populations. We are looking for a new team member to scale our opportunities and impact. As Head of Sales and Business Strategy, you will translate our technical capabilities and vision into offerings with a clear value proposition and market fit. You will help us to execute on those offerings, and get these tools into the hands of those who need them most.
Development Seed is pioneering impactful ways to use satellite and location data to address real social and environmental challenges. Our partners work in crisis response and recovery, air quality monitoring, urban management, and earth imaging, to name a few. We create AI tools for rapidly extracting insight from satellite imagery, cloud infrastructure for managing massive planetary datasets, and a range of products that provide earth insights to decisionmakers.
We are looking for a new team member to:
- identify and prioritize new products and services and help bring them to fruition.
- grow quality relationships with partners and help secure in quality work.
- build sustainable business models that are consistent with our culture and goals.
- move our business development strategy beyond booking individual projects to shaping the field and our role in it.
- accelerating the impact of geospatial data through events and writing.
To be successful in this position you will need to quickly understand Development Seed, our work, and our industry. You’ll need to translate that understanding into insight about products and offerings. Finally, you’ll need to plan and execute an evolving sales and business strategy in a rapidly changing environment.
- An excellent communicator, particularly good at synthesis and asking great questions.
- Naturally curious and good at self-learning and capturing context.
- Driven. You care about the world and are impatient about making it better.
- A problem solver who is focused on engineering outcomes, not numbers.
You likely have experience in several of the following:
- Sales experience. Maybe you have sales in your title. Maybe you are exceptionally good at understanding your clients or donors and finding new ways to work together. This isn’t a proposal writing role. We often need to be driving the conversation well before an RFP.
- Working with data and technology, especially satellite or location data. If you are going to make art, you need to know what the medium is capable of, which rules can be broken and which ones never should.
- Working for or closely with an Impact Organization, Government Agency, or Development Implementer. You understand their language, procurement cycles and pain points.
If this sounds like you, apply using the form below. Tell us about yourself and what you’d love to work on at Development Seed.
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
Development Seed embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.