We are seeking a project manager to oversee the delivery of high-value projects which further our mission of societal impact through improved systems and user experience, both to our clients and partners, and to the open source community.
We are a mission-driven organization that believes in the power of data to enable decision-makers to solve the world’s toughest problems, and you will play a vital role in ensuring our products are impactfully delivered. We build critical infrastructure for organizations tackling the planets biggest challenges. We help NASA manage planetary scale satellite data, work with the World Bank to expand electricity access and renewable energy, and built Washington Post’s live election maps seen by millions.
You will have a high degree of freedom in how you solve the problems presented to you, and you should be proactive and excited about choosing the best solution(s) possible. You will bring an organized, orderly, efficient project management style to a lean organization in which the ability to make quick iterations and improvements is paramount.
- At least 2 years of project management experience
- Solid knowledge of the project management cycle
- Demonstrated ability to learn and grow in a rapidly evolving sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Experience managing highly technical projects and/or working with highly technical people
- Experience working in Agile/Lean environments
As a project manager, you will
- Work with the product owner of our largest project to plan and execute successful delivery
- Support team members to ensure they are set up to deliver great products
- Evolve project plans alongside our partners to adjust for new information and operating realities
- Manage resource availability and allocation to maximize team impact
- Develop flexible project plans to track progress
- Measure project performance according to metrics decided with our partner and project team
- Identify, evaluate, and minimize project risks, escalating when needed
- Create and maintain project documentation that empowers developers and users
As a Development Seed team member, you:
- Collaborate — Working as a team makes us stronger, and you communicate effectively on Slack, over email, and in-person, and know when to use each.
- Learn — We constantly evolve our technology stack and techniques to deliver the best work to our partners. You need to demonstrate you’re able and excited to learn new ways to do things, but you also know that the hip new trend isn’t always the best solution.
- Care about the world and believe that we can do better — Social change is the foundation of everything we do. You are impatient about solving the world’s toughest challenges.
If this sounds like you, apply using the form below. Tell us about yourself and why you’d love to work at Development Seed.
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
Development Seed embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.