At Development Seed, we apply new technology to a diverse set of problems. Our partners work in crises response and recovery, air quality monitoring, and aerospace engineering, to name a few. We support them with tools that leverage machine learning, satellite imagery recognition, and cloud-based data processing. We iterate constantly.
We’re looking for a new team member who can research, design, and launch products in cutting edge markets. As a product design lead, you will tackle design challenges in applied artificial intelligence, rapid voice interface, and providing insight from petabytes of NASA earthdata. You will take ideas and, through market research, user testing, and design vision, will create novel approaches to our tools. You will join a talented team of thirty(-ish) designers, engineers, and data experts, where you will play a leading role in deciding what we build.
- Have a proven track record of designing and launching software products that people can’t live without.
- Select the right user research methods to ensure our products solve real problems.
- Communicate design vision to internal and external clients, gathering feedback and buy-in.
- Have worked in a diverse set of fields, and can quickly assess the market in a new field.
- Continually challenge yourself to learn new things.
You should have knowledge of:
- Designing successful software products.
- Leading small, agile teams creating technical solutions.
- Current market trends in fields including satellite imagery, cloud computing, and machine learning.
- Writing proposals that communicate a clear, compelling product vision.
- Funding models around open source software is a plus.
If this sounds like you, send your resume to [email protected] Tell us about yourself and what you’d love to work on at Development Seed.
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
Development Seed embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.