We are a lean, hungry team that builds impactful open software and draws powerful insights from complex geodata. We are a passionate group of artists, rocket scientists, teachers, and public health researchers who are impatient about addressing global challenges and inequities. Nearly everyone at Development Seed is a builder who blends design and engineering skills. We process, analyze, and visualize data that is constantly changing and improving, so we build our team with people who can adapt and evolve.
Our partners trust us to bring the right solution to some incredibly complex challenges. We don’t let ego or the status quo get in the way of pursuing the best idea. We work as a team. Instead of a manager, you’ll have a group of collaborators and partners that challenge you to produce the best solution for some of the world’s hardest problems. We minimize time spent in meetings, and prefer to communicate through GitHub, Slack, and concise daily scrums.
We are currently hiring for these full time positions:
- ML Engineer
- Map Data Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Frontend Developer
- Product Design Lead
- Sales and Business Strategy Lead
If the positions above aren’t a perfect fit, get in touch anyway. We are always eager to connect with people who would be a great fit for the team. Some general qualities that we’re looking for are:
- Motivated You are determined to leave things better than you found them, and you don’t need to be asked to fix what’s broken.
- Inquisitive You ask good questions and get to the heart of a problem.
- Excited You want to use great web design and efficient backends to change the process of research and make complex information accessible to wider audiences and decision-makers.
- Driven - You’re curious and hungry to learn new subjects and skills.
To get in touch with us, send a cover letter, resume, and examples of your work to [email protected]