Development Seed is looking for an experienced Finance and Administration Lead to join the team. You will work closely with our leadership to ensure that Development Seed remains a healthy and growing organization, and that our global team runs smoothly.
What you’ll do
- Finance - You’re in charge of our day-to-day administrative and bookkeeping needs. You can clearly communicate financial performance to the team, and make actionable recommendations on how to improve our internal processes. Our offices in Lisbon and Peru have their own administrative capacity, but you will play a coordinating role in and take care of company wide reporting.
- Payroll and benefits - You help shape our company wide policy on pay and benefits, and handle the administrative side of HR for our US based team.
- Project administration - You work with our team, legal counsel and partners on everything related to contracting and invoicing of our project work.
- Office operations - You support operations at the DC office and make sure the rest of the team is well set up to deliver on our project work.
What you bring
We are looking for candidates with finance and accounting experience with:
- Attention to detail - You take pride in your work and your delivery is accurate, polished and thoughtful.
- Great communication - Your communication is effective, clear and organized. You know how and when to use humor, enthusiasm and authenticity. You write clear emails and tickets, communicate effectively on Slack and in-person.
- Action-oriented approach - You take responsibility when you see something that needs to be done. You know how to lead from behind, and your ego doesn’t get in the way of getting the best outcome. You know when to push ahead and when to consult.
- Care about the world and believe that we can do better - Social change is the foundation of everything we do. You are impatient about solving the world’s toughest challenges.
If this sounds like you, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself and what you’d love to work on at Development Seed. Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply - we have a culture of learning, and if this job description gets you excited, we want to hear from you.
We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
This position is based in DC.