We are seeking a cloud engineer to create new patterns to manage, process, and distribute earthdata on the cloud. As a cloud engineer at Development Seed you will build powerful cloud infrastructure for our partners at NASA, USGS, and ESA. Through your work, you will unlock new modes of working with massive earthdata archives. You will enable earth scientists to work smarter and faster, resulting in better insight into our changing planet.
You will create data pipelines that monitor the planet at scale, delivering insights directly to policymakers and citizens. Your data pipelines will leverage artificial intelligence and science modeling to extract actionable data for analysis and visualization. Your work will power tools for combatting climate change, promoting inclusive economic development, and responding to humanitarian crisis.
As a cloud engineer, you will:
- Build reliable and scalable services, optimized to deliver petabytes of satellite imagery data to millions of simultaneous users.
- Create and integrate applications which use cloud services to process and analyze imagery in near real-time.
- Solve real problems for organizations that address big global challenges.
- Use the best technology available on a team of people that want you to grow and win.
As a Development Seed team member, you:
- Collaborate — Working as a team makes us stronger than any individual developer. You write clear Github tickets and communicate effectively on Slack and in-person.
- Learn — We constantly evolve our technology stack and techniques to deliver the best work to our partners. You’re able and excited to learn new ways to build. You’ve tried enough new tech to know that the hip new thing isn’t always the best solution.
- Code — You write code focusing on both performance and maintainability. You know when to use a quick fix and when to invest more time refactoring.
- Care about the world and believe that we can do better — Social change is the foundation of everything we do. You are impatient about solving the world’s toughest challenges.
If this sounds like you, send your resume to [email protected] or use the button below. Tell us about yourself and what you’d love to work on at Development Seed.
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
Development Seed is an engineering and design company based in Washington, DC, Lisbon, Portugal and Ayacucho, Peru. We’re a team of twenty-eight developers and designers creating positive social impact with open tech and open knowledge alongside organizations like the World Bank, the Washington Post, and NASA.
Development Seed embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.