We are looking for a Business Development Lead to help Development Seed change the way that people understand their planet. Development Seed is one of the most exciting geospatial companies, pioneering new approaches to monitor the health of the planet and her populations. We are looking for a new team member to scale our opportunities and impact. As the Business Development Lead, you will translate our technical capabilities and vision into offerings with a clear value proposition and market fit. You will help us execute on those offerings, and get these tools into the hands of those who need them most.
Development Seed is pioneering impactful ways to use satellite and location data to address real social and environmental challenges. Our partners work in crisis response and recovery, air quality monitoring, urban management, and earth imaging, to name a few. We create AI tools for rapidly extracting insight from satellite imagery, cloud infrastructure for managing massive planetary datasets, and a range of products that provide earth insights to decision-makers.
As a business development Lead, you:
- identify and prioritize new products and services and help bring them to fruition.
- grow quality relationships with partners and help secure quality work.
- build sustainable business models that are consistent with our culture and goals.
- move our business development strategy beyond booking individual projects to shaping the field and our role in it.
- accelerate the impact of geospatial data through events and writing.
- An excellent communicator, particularly good at synthesis and asking great questions.
- Naturally curious and good at self-learning and capturing context.
- Driven. You care about the world and are impatient about making it better.
- A problem solver who is focused on engineering outcomes, not numbers.
- Business development and/or sales experience. Maybe you have sales in your title. Maybe you are exceptionally good at understanding your clients or donors and finding new ways to work together. This isn’t a proposal writing role. We often need to be driving the conversation well before an RFP.
- Working with data and technology, especially satellite or location data. If you are going to make art, you need to know what the medium is capable of, which rules can be broken and which ones never should.
- Working for or closely with an Impact Organization, Government Agency, or Development Implementer. You understand their language, procurement cycles and pain points.
As a Development Seed team member, you:
- Collaborate — Working as a team makes us stronger than any individual developer. You write clear Github tickets and communicate effectively on Slack and in-person.
- Learn — We constantly evolve our technology stack and techniques to deliver the best work to our partners. You don’t need to know how to code but you need to demonstrate you’re able and excited to learn about our work and what drives our engineers and developers.
- Care about the world and believe that we can do better — Social change is the foundation of everything we do. You are impatient about solving the world’s toughest challenges.
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
Development Seed embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Take DevSeed to the next level of global impact.