A Spanish translation of Managing News is now available on GitHub. This translation includes the front end strings of Managing News, the 'help' text for each section, and some basic backend sections, such as the interface for editing boxes on the dashboard and adding feeds.
To import the translations into your Managing News, follow these steps:
- Download the .po
- Enable the "locale" module on your Managing News installation
- Go to admin/settings/language and add Spanish as a language
- From admin/settings/language make Spanish the default language
- Go to admin/build/translate/import and import the .po
This will give you a Managing News installation with a Spanish UI - it's not intended to be a multilingual installation where content is translated into multiple languages. Once you import the Spanish translations, there are still a few parts that you'll need to translate yourself because the strings are actually content. This includes:
- Boxes titles and bodies on the dashboards, like the "News on the map" block
- Text on the "About" page, which is by default in English.
Following these steps will give you a Managing News with a frontend that's fully in Spanish. This work was made possible thanks to the Pan American Health Organization's (PAHO) Emergency Operations Center, who is using Managing News to track news around disasters in North, Central and South America, and the Caribbean.